Monday 22 December 2008

OUR BRUSHES WITH SUCCESS by Graeme Lennox Sunday Mail 27th May 2007




By Graeme Lennox

Frank's work is inspired by Renaissance artist Michelangelo.

The 25- year-old, from Paisley, has sold four paintings to Star Trek Patrick Stewart and his work will feature in an upcoming episode of Rebus.


How I did it: When I was 17 I became depressed. I was going through psychotherapy, but I found that nothing helped me express myself like painting.

My career as an artist took off before the end of my Masters degree at Duncan of Jordanstone Art School in Dundee. Patrick Stewart came to a show and was blown away by the power of the paintings. He now owns four pieces.

Last year was my first year as a full- time artist. I participated in nearly 30 exhibitions, was one of the top five fine art graduates in Scotland and exhibited beside Peter Howson.

2007 is shaping up to be another good year. I have established a connection with a US art dealer and two of my paintings were selected by S.T.V for Rebus- they will be hung in Ken Stott's Leith flat.

Perks: Art turned my life around and defines my existence.

Five Year Plan: The Albemarle Gallery in London have agreed to show my wok this week. It's one of the most prestigious in the U.K so it's a great honour.

Tips: The first few years of an artist's life are tough, but you have to believe and have confidence in yourself.

For more information please visit the official website of Frank To Fine Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment